Sunday, June 17, 2007

First Post - National Karting Challenge 2007!

Our little discussion today has led to the birth of this blog, along with three others if my mates are up to their promises. This shall be our little k.i.4 project in which I record my thoughts and growth, and keep others updated. Hopefully, we will spur each other to maintain these blogs, and more will join!

My first post will be to show off the poster design I did for National Karting Challenge 2007, whee ..



There are still things to be done however! I'm shooting for two other variations of this visual. I'm really quite excited as they are giving me quite a free rein. My initial plan is to keep the Kart and typography, and just switching the background to a different style of graphic, while retaining the orange colors. We'll see how it goes, and I'll be sure to keep this blog updated with the progress!

About the event itself, its basically a race carnival for the public. Enthusiasts can throw down during the competition, while the fun-loving family can come enjoy the carnival and various fun stuff thats happening! I'm quite impressed with the organizational committee, who are all students! But still, we already have one HUGE sponsor - Clear Channel!! Naturally, I'm f***ing excited to learn that this poster I designed will be plastered all over Singapore =D

No comments: