Tuesday, August 14, 2007

One Last Breath

Hold me now, I'm six feet from the edge, and I'm thinking, maybe six feet, ain't so far down...


Most probably still a work-in-progress, unless the following week caught me overburden and unable to focus on it some more. Definitely possible. I wanted to capture the feeling of Death, of that last few minutes of peace that came upon one as he transcends this mortal life. It's a romantic notion at best, knowing how easily and stealthily Death creeps upon us, but I'd like to believe that even as He inevitably cometh and claims His bounty, He'd allow me that few seconds of peace. Perhaps He will look upon this offering of mine, be pleased and grant me this little joy.

There will be more, as promised.

Red Bull Experimentation

As I sign off, I'd like to share a recent experimentation I did concerning Red Bull and Grass Jelly. Taken separately, one is a potent energy booster, while the other a soothing herbal concoction. Combined together, they make an inconceivable mixture of sweetness and caffeine. Side effects include a constant feeling of nausea and sudden urges to puke. Intense bloating and a general eeriness of uneasiness follows. I felt unhealthy, sick as a drenched child on a wet rainy day. There was also the constant taste of bitterness on my tongue, a sort of overloading of flavors, pushing the taste buds to its limit. It felt numb beyond words, and everything else I swallowed thereafter tasted painfully plain and bland.

The flip side though is that it works. As I walked through the MRT Tunnel, I noticed mere human lagging down behind me at half the pace I went through, and I wasn't even trying. I actually had to force myself to slowdown as I bumped into a colleague and walked alongside her. Most importantly, my eyes felt this sudden urge to simply stop closing. Blinking was painful. Sleeping was unimaginable. Staying awake was curiously effortless.

You have been warned, try it on your own risk.

No comments: