Monday, September 3, 2007

Bug-Bitten

Rain has been making sudden appearances recently, heralding a sort of 'winter' feel in Singapore. In another town on another continent, the first snow would have just fallen, delighting its denizens with the atmosphere of festivities and celebrations that are sure to come. In Singapore tho it's all cloud and gloom, the dark skies have enveloped this little red dot unsparingly and turned me moody at times.

Rain Bug

My thoughts wander each and every passing day the rain cometh. Is it raining too over there? Did they had a chance to try out snorkeling, scuba diving, and the likes? Met anyone new?

Questions left unanswered, because its presence was painfully non-existent today. Even after lunch. It's weird, but at the same time, nice. A sort of warm tingling feeling that you just can't help but smile. And when others start thinking you're crazy, sick in the head or just plain creepy, then you know it's time to finally go through with the plan


Reds Bug

Even the rain however, was not able to quench our fiery Red. Six goals! While I agree that the opposition we faced were not a particularly established team, it's simply unfair to put the blame towards the team. As far as I'm concerned, we gelled wonderfully.

Pennant threatened throughout the match and looked very lively and threatening. Kuyt's techniques and touches remains below par, but as usual he more than made it up with his dexterity. Babel looked nervous with his first few touches, but then kept his cool to score a great goal with clinical finishings–that ought to get his confidence up. Torres was a constant thorn throughout, but I'm sure his coaches and team mates would give him ample warning that most Premiership teams would not be giving him so much time and space on the ball. All in all, a great team performance.

It means nothing to lead the table so early in the season, but it's worth noting that we have had a lot more successes in our away form this time around. It'll be interesting to see how the season goes along, with the title really looking to open up this time with Manchester United not performing their best and Chelsea slipping at Aston.


Art Bug

This one in particular, has bitten me hard, real hard. I've been scouring the web often these past few work days and am finding myself often breathlessly in awe of the beautiful works done by many. In turn, they inspired me to keep working on my own personal works, and not take any compromise in doing something I do not feel will work and what not. They certainly hit hard on my sleeping time, but I'm smiling nonetheless.

I'm particularly inspired also, to see so many local artists at the MAAD Show. Humbled I was by the awe-inspiring works many of our very own has churned. Inspired I was by the many great individuals who were extremely friendly and encouraging. Go self-discipline and motivation!


Jealousy Bug

One last thing I've found myself entangled and deeply busy with was FutureScape. And along with it, I've found myself deeply jealous with an ex-colleague of mine. He and his team set up this site, helping people arrange their travels. It is finally up with proper content, and although I'm still not sold on the idea as a whole, I still feel a twinge of jealousy at the finished product that he has glossed over.

It's really quite well done, and as I talked to him today and browse through the site, I truly wished we are as far along with our own project. No complaints however, they started earlier, and I do feel ours looked better. Work work work work! It makes me want to really really do that much better with our own project.

p/s: Something's not right. Hmmm. Gone missing on Monday?

No comments: